Has your toddler begun to show signs that they are teething? If so, it is vital to help them deal with the sometimes-painful condition. Teething is wholly natural in all children, as it is merely the process of teeth sprouting up above the gum line. However, it can often cause discomfort and pain for the child, so various treatment devices should be used. Take heed of the following information concerning teething in children:
– Various tools and methods of treatment can be given to help a teething child, including teething rings, soft music, gauze pads, or even cold spoons gently rubbed in parallel to their gum line.
– Avoid teething tablets for youngsters under two, unless given directly under the supervision of their pediatrician.
– Never use your finger as a soothing utensil on their gums unless it has been cleaned first.
– If symptoms of teething begin to get worse, such as diarrhea, rashes, or fevers, consult their pediatrician as soon as possible.
– Teething is often first noticed in the mannerisms of a child, including extra fussiness and irritability, a loss of appetite, or even excessive drooling.
If you are looking to improve your child’s smile at Crossroads Dental, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with Dr. Christine Hervas and our team in Luling, Texas. We can be reached at 830.351.6202. Feel free to contact us today and let us help your child create a healthy, happy smile!